- 4 cups flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 Tbs baking powder
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1 heaping cup shortening
- 3 eggs (beaten)
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- Mix flour, salt, baking powder, sugar, and shortening into a dough.
- Add the remaining ingredients and mix/knead the dough.
- Roll the dough out thin and sprinkle sugar over the top and cut out shapes with cookie cutters.
- Bake cookies in a preheated oven at 350 degrees for 10 to 13 minutes.
- Frost and decorated as desired.
Step 1: Mixing all your dry ingredients with your shortening, I used actual shortening Crisco sticks not butter or margarine.
Step 3: I rolled my dough pretty thin because I was using small cookie cutters. I also sprinkled sugar on the dough and then gave it another quick roll so that the sugar wasn't just sitting on top of the dough that way I could frost them easily.
After we got with all Q's we needed, the kids went crazy making all sorts of shapes as you can see hearts, dog bones, flowers, and of course gingy men. This recipe doesn't make a lot of cookies, so if you need quite a lot you may need to double it. But, since I only needed a few it was perfect and we didn't have to spend all day cutting out loads of cookies!
Today's cookie brought to you by the letter "Q"