Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Friday, January 28, 2011

Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole

My search continues for creative ways to use up leftovers that my family will actually eat. Mashed potatoes are a classic side dish where I always end up with lots meaning enough to feel slightly guilty about throwing them away. Next day mashed potatoes never taste good simply reheated and so they usually end up in my trash can.  I recently ran across this recipe in my search and thought I would give it a try and they turned out fabulous.  Even my picky non-leftover eating husband loved them!  And since I made some pretty major tweaks to the original recipe, I am now calling it my own.  Enjoy!

Loaded Mashed Potato Casserole

5 1/2 cups mashed potatoes
1/2 cup canned milk
1 pkg (8 oz.) cream cheese, softened
1 cup sour cream
2 tsp parsley flakes
1 tsp garlic salt
3/4 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
12 slices bacon, crispy cooked and crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
or substitute real bacon bits

DIRECTIONS:

1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Place all ingredients, except cheese in large bowl. Beat with electric mixer on medium-high speed until potatoes are smooth and creamy.

2. Spoon mixture into lightly greased 13x9-inch baking dish. Sprinkle with cheese. Cover.

3. Bake 30 minutes or until heated through.

No comments:

Post a Comment