Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Monday, January 10, 2011

Recipe Of The Week: Chicken Tetrazzini, page 285

In our family cookbook there are two chicken tetrazzini recipes one from Grandma Shirley and another one from Karen.  Since I have never had tetrazzini now seemed like a good time try it. Eventually I want to try both recipes because they are both so different.  I had made a roast chicken night before and with only three people and two munchkins we always have way too much chicken and I am always searching for a way to use the left overs.  This was a great recipe and one that I will make again. A creamy white sauce with pasta, mushrooms, and my leftover chicken worked out great.  I have also ran across numerous recipes for turkey tetrazzini and I think you could use leftover turkey in it and it would be really good also.  Another reason try this recipe was to clarify the quantity of chicken broth.  The recipe calls for  1 1/2 cup chicken broth and then later another 1/2 cup.  In reading the directions I couldn't see why you would need to add chicken broth in two separate steps.  When I was typing this recipe I asked grandma if she knew why and she couldn't remember either.  So anyway I just added two cups of chicken broth when making my sauce and it turned out great.  I also used capellini pasta instead of spaghetti, it is a much smaller pasta noddle and really absorbed the sauce well.  Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment