Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Sunday, October 2, 2011

Strawberry Daiquiri Cake


I just found this recipe online, I was looking for something to spice up a strawberry cake mix since I already had one in cupboard. This was really easy, I actually made it in two round pans instead of a 13x9 and it is a little too ooey gooey with all the frosting and strawberries on it.  I think fresh strawberries would be fantastic in this recipe. And doesn't sweetened condensed milk make everything taste better? I know I am a fan.

Strawberry Daiquiri Cake

1 box strawberry cake mix
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 (8 oz.) container of Cool Whip
1 can frozen strawberry daiquiri mix, thawed
1 small container of frozen strawberries, thawed

Bake cake according to the box. Let cool 10 minutes. Turn cake out onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.

Split cake in half with dental floss. Place the strawberries on bottom half then place top cake over the strawberries.

Stir the sweetened condensed milk and daiquiri mix together and then fold in the Cool Whip. A drop of red food coloring may be added, if desired.

Spread cool whip frosting on and refrigerate.

Garnish with additional strawberries.


Happy Birthday Grandma Shirley, hope you enjoy your cake!

No comments:

Post a Comment