Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Friday, April 29, 2011

Sassy Sloppy Joe's

The other night I started making sloppy joes' needing a quick and easy dinner, hamburger was browned added the seasoning packet and water, then realized I had no tomato paste or sauce.  Okay, so I just started adding any tomato substance I could find and came up with the following recipe and my family LOVED them and keeps requesting them so I thought I better write down the combination before I forgot.

Ingredients:
1 green pepper
1 onion
2 lbs hamburger
2 sloppy joe seasoning packets
1 cup water
1 cup ketchup
1 (10 oz.) can diced tomato & green chili's (undrained)
1 (4 oz.) can diced green chilli's HOT (undrained)

Saute onion and green pepper in same pan brown hamburger and drain. Add remaining ingredients and bring to boil, cook down liquid.  Serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment