Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Guymon Family Reunion 2010

Friday, January 7, 2011

New Years Resolutions & New Recipes

So last year when I was working on the cookbook, I cooked and cooked and did mention that I COOKED a lot.  So many recipes I had to actually cook because there wasn't an ingredient list or something was missing like the cooking temperature or time.  So I would cook them and try to recreate them as best I could, while this might be simple for lot of cooks at the time I was still what I would call a cooking novice.  We tried so many new recipes, it was really a cooking adventure for our family. Towards the end of the cookbook I had to fill 400 pages so I was frantically trying to get new recipes because I had to fill up pages in the book and I wanted to make sure any recipe with my name on it, I had cooked and it was good.  While it was a lot of work, it was a lot of fun I really pushed myself and my cooking abilities and while I had failures the success outnumbered them. 

So as I was writing my New Years Resolutions this year and I vowed that none would have anything to do with weight loss, because dieting for the first week in January is never successful for me and I hate setting myself up for failure, I am way to competitive for that.  I thought back to last year and cooking new recipes and how much I learned and enjoyed cooking and eating new foods.  Now Mike could eat the same five or six meals each week for the rest of his life and I think it is good for him to try new things too.  I am always thinking of others! So this year I am going to try a recipe a week, something different that I haven't tried or haven't made forever. And to keep myself honest or better yet to keep track of what works and doesn't work I am going to blog about it, now Guymon family I am adding you all on here as administrators so feel free to blog your recipe adventures with me!  In the hope that as we get closer to the family reunion this year I can simply look back at the blog and have some ideas of how to put together the new mini cookbook we are creating.

No comments:

Post a Comment